Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Failure and success all in the same day

I have had several people ask me do I make Red Velvet cake over the last few months, and the answer is always not yet, but if you order one I will gladly make it. I didn't have an order for one, but I attempted it today. I used a Paula Deen recipe and I can't believe I am saying this, but it was a failure. I just don't really care for red velvet so I didn't like it. But, my husband does like it and he said it was dry. I have a few taste testers that I still have to hear back from but I am not expecting rave reviews of. I also have a carrot cake recipe that I pulled from a magazine awhile back that I had been wanting to try so I made it today also. And it was a success!! It came out perfect, and was so super simple. And while I actually made cupcakes with both recipes instead of actual cakes, I think that it can still count towards my make a cake from scratch that is on my 101 things list. I was covered in sugar and flour by the time I was done making both these recipes from scratch and the icing to go with them. They both called for cream cheese icing, but it was different from what I usually make and so far everyone really likes this icing. I uses both cream cheese and butter, of course butter makes everything better :)

My little cake monster...think she wants one? She ate 3 today!


Carrot


Red Velvet

1 comment:

  1. YUMMO! Cupcakes look great!! Sorry the other cake didn't turn out!

    ReplyDelete