Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Super Doubles just aren't as good as triples...

I say it every time, but Super Double coupons just aren't as good as Triple coupons! I really really wish Harris Teeter would start doing Triple coupons on a regular basis again! But since I can't resist a deal I hit up HT tonight with two whinny cranky kids and I guess it was a fairly successful trip....here's the goods:



The breakdown:
1 12 pk Charmin= $4.99
3 Martha White muffin mixes= -$.46!!!
2 Quaker multi pack oatmeal= $.50 each
2 Fabreeze room spray= $.49 each
2 fabreze plug in= $.49 each
2 Dawn detergent= $.99 each
2 frozen Green Giant veggies= free
1 Dayquil= $2.09
1 NyQuil= $2.09
1 raspberry= $1.99
$16.10 + 1.81(tax)=17.91
total saving for the trip was $41.93 :)

I have had better trips but this was still a pretty good one. I really wish I had some Barilla pasta coupons, which I thought I did but most have used them already. They have Barilla on sale buy 2 get 3 free, so if I had coupons to use on the 2 I had to buy it would be an outrageous deal cause we eat a ton of pasta in this house. Oh well, maybe I will get lucky and there will be some in this Sunday's paper(fingers crossed)!

I also discovered a new place(for us) in Durham tonight-Loco Pops. My brother and sister have both told me about it recently and they were having a tasting tonight so I took the kids. Christopher of course was very excited to go taste some popsicles but of course didn't participate once we were there. Hailey on the other hand was in heaven and kept telling me "I bite!" and "I big bite!" cause I wasn't feeding her fast enough :) Turns out tonight we were sampling ice cream and sorbet, not popsicles but the lady was very kind and gave Christopher a pop anyway-which he of course decided he didn't like and only ate a few bite of. We tried the Mexican Chocolate ice cream, which Hailey really liked; the Hot Chocolate with marshmallow ice cream, which I really liked; and the last one was a liquor that I don't remember which one now with raisins and ginger snap which was also very tasty :) The sorbets tonight were the Mojito which was very good and tart and the pumpkin with candied orange which was good but I liked the Mojito better. This is definitely somewhere we will be frequenting regularly I believe.

Wow! I have blogged like 3 times in less than a week, I am on a roll! Lets see if I can keep it up :) See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment