Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Feeling crafty this week

A couple weeks ago I saw a bead and ribbon necklace on another blog, Wayward girls crafts, that was pretty cute so I decided to make one for my sister this week for her birthday. Of course this project was harder than I thought it would be, but then most things are! The ribbon I bought to make the necklace of course was WAY to thick to fit through the beads so I had to use other ribbon I had leftover from making hairbows. Here is Hailey modeling it :)

I also found this plate and cup on the clearance isle at Wal-mart last week and thought they would make a great cake stand, and they did :) The cake isn't actually finshed in this picture because I had to put it on a board to move and deliver it, but you can still get the general idea. It was super easy, just put a ring on hot glue around the bottom of the cup and put the plate on top, hold for a minute to make sure the glue sets and you are done! The whole thing cost less than $3 and took less than 5 mins to make. I will definitely be on the look out for clearance dishes in the future. I am thinking a nice rich color charger plate and a colored glass goblet would be great for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment