Thursday, June 30, 2011

Freezer Meals

Several weeks ago I read a blog, A Turtle's Life for Me, about pre-making and freezing the main part of or even entire meals for her family. So, I was inspired! I didn't do anywhere near the volume that she did, because I didn't get the crazy good prices on meat that she did in her post but I did start. And I plan to make a full batch of stuffed shells this week to freeze into 2 containers for separate dinners. And I think I will definitely try to keep this up and slowly stock my freezer up w/ lots of ready meals.

I roasted 2 whole chickens and 7 potatoes


Once the potatoes were cool enough to handle I scraped them out loaded the insides w/ sour cream, butter, s&p, cheese, and a little milk, smashed it all up and made twice baked potatoes. These came out really good, we have eaten them twice since I frozen them and they were perfect. It is a great side and this way there is no mess to clean up!


I ended up w/ 5 bags of chicken to use in recipes and 14 twice baked potato halves

No comments:

Post a Comment