Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lots of catching up to do...

First off, I can't believe I have been sooo ridiculously slack with my postings! We had a wonderful Christmas, possibly the best one to date. My mom got us a beautiful new kitchen table that we love and can now actually have people over for dinner and not have to sit in the living room for lack of table space. I was able to "stash" enough cash to get Robert 2 of the 3 things he asked for, an ipod touch and TomTom, neither are something I would have even considered getting him, had he not asked but he was very happy Christmas morning :) The kids got way too much stuff as always, but they were thrilled! Here's just a couple pics from Christmas morning...

The calm before the storm...


Opening her stocking


Opening his stocking


As for me, it was a RR Christmas! :) Which has got me back into the swing of actually cooking "real" food again!

My sis got me a set of her Lazy Spoons, and I love them! They are great, super heavy and they stay tightly on the side of the pots. My mom got me a set of her spatulas, her lasagna pan (which is huge!) and her new "Look and Cook" cookbook, which is were the inspiration to cook is really coming from. I will follow this posting with several recipes that I have made so far :)
Christopher is becoming quit the gamer, between the Nintendo DS my cousin gave him while we were in FL and several new Wii games he got for Christmas he is constantly playing something.
Hailey has decided to start "paying me back" for my mom. The one thing I did as a child, I truly was a very good and easy child, was change my clothes 4-6 times a day according to my mom. Well, Hailey is learning to dress herself...she doesn't actually take her clothes off yet, but she empties her drawers and puts on layers of random articles of clothing! It is annoying, but very comical at the same time, I will have to get a pic next time she does it.

No comments:

Post a Comment