Saturday, May 22, 2010

Chocolate-zucchini cakes w/ nuts


So I can't remember now which magazine I pulled this recipe out of but I am very glad I did!! I think it was either Reader's Digest or Guidepost, but it is possible it is from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food, anyways I made these tonight and they are excellent so thought I would share. Plus, they are a great way to sneak some veggies into unsuspecting kids and hubbys :)

~1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
~1 C sugar
~1/2 tsp salt
~1 lg egg
~1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
~1 cup finely grated zucchini
~3 tbsp sour cream
~1 C all purpose flour
~1/4 C unsweetened cocoa powder
~1/2 C bittersweet chocolate, chopped or chocolate chips
~24 walnut halves

*Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl, stir together butter, sugar, salt, and egg until combined. Add vanilla, zucchini, and sour cream and stir until incorporated. Sift flour and cocoa into bowl and stir until combined. Stir into wet mixture.
*Spray two mini muffin pans w/ cooking spray. Fill each cup w/ 2 tbsp batter and top w/ a walnut. bake 15-17 min. Cool on wire racks.

*I used pecans because it is what I had and prefer. Also, I got 34 cakes not 24...Hope you enjoy if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment