Friday, July 8, 2011

In my head I want to enjoy sewing...

However, the reality is that it always seems to take WAY longer than I think it will going into it. Of course it doesn't help that I don't have my own machine and I am not completely sure of what I am doing so I have to go to my mom's and use her machine and get her help/supervise me. This wouldn't be such a bad thing except that also means taking my kids along and they DO NOT like to share Grandma's attention! Any who, here is today's project. I did better this time then last, even though I completely messed up the panties and had to cut them apart and restart. This dress is for a friends daughter who's first birthday party is next week. And the best part, the bolt said the material was $4.99/yd and Hailey really liked the material so I said I would get enough to make her something too, so 2 yds expecting to pay almost $11...but it rang up $1/yd!! So I got enough material to make 2 dresses for $2.14, can't beat that!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment