Wednesday, May 4, 2011

6 more things knocked out!

Over the last 5 weeks I have been working on several "things" from my Day Zero list, and I am happy to say I just checked 6 more things off as DONE!

-Cook 30 different dinners in 30 nights-The 30 meals in 30 nights wasn't as bad as I thought, but it would have been easier if I had actually assigned a meal to each night. I just made a list of 30 dinners, bought almost everything I needed and then just picked something each day. Towards the end it was kinda uggg, cause of course I cooked all the faves at the beginning and then didn't really want what was left on the list. But I did it.

-Give up fast food for a month-The fast food I realized almost 2 weeks into the month of April I hadn't had any, so I decided this should be the month for that too, which was probably good, cause then I wasn't tempted to cheat and get McD's or something any nights.

-participate in a Charity walk/runThe walk is something I have wanted to do for a while and just never actually done. I had the oppertunity to walk in the March for Dimes w/ a friend from high school. Her daughter was a premmie and had to stay in the hosptial longer than normal so we walked in honor of her, which just made it that much better. Plus I hadn't actually seen Hannah since we graduted from high school 9 years ago!-
Me w/ Hannah and Kathryn at the walk, hadn't seen either of them since high school

Sweet little Emmrie


-plant a garden- My Dad helped me plant my garden at the beginning of April, it proved slightly more complicated than we expected, apparently we have a natural spring or something in our yard where I decided to plant so it was a huge mud pit after we tilled the area, but it is looking good now and hopefully watering won't be an issue :)

-save $100 in one shopping trip-The $100 in one trip I already posted, so exciting!

-color Easter eggs-And how sad it is the this is the first time I have died Easter eggs with Christopher-super slack Mommy here! But the kids both had a great time doing it this year and now they keep asking to do it again...

Some of these were bigger than others, but I feel very proud of myself for completing them all and all in the same month! Just wish I had managed to loss the 20 lbs I want to lose too, between walking the 5K and no fast food, oh well, just have to work harder on that! Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment